Friday, January 20, 2012

10 Minute Mile

And the day I kicked it's ASS!

That's right. Last night I broke the 10-minute-mile wall for the first time in over a year. More like 18 months. It was something I never thought I was going to be able to do again. Granted it was only for one of the three miles, but it was the last mile of my run. So it counts.

In other running related news, despite an entire week of missed training runs, January is on course to break the 50 mile mark. I'm not sure the last time I had a 50m running month, so I am pretty proud of this accomplishment.



I may or may not be losing a little bit of balance in my world. I go to work, I run after work, I veg for a bit, and go to bed (before 10 I might add). And repeat. I'm more or less ok with this as it is all I have the energy to do AND it's cold and wintery outside. But I just hope I remember how to do other things one of these days...

After stalking the workouts of fellow Dailymiler Annie, and reading her awesome post on Fit Milwaukee, I have decided to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on Monday. Wish me luck!
So help me, if I don't look like that in 30 days I will hunt down Jillian and force feed her butter.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Way to kick ass this month! So happy for you.

Ara said...

Awesome job! Doesn't it feel like a great accomplishment once you've beat your 10:00 pace? I love it!

Lora Abernathy said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on reaching that mark and good luck in your "shred."