Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Pinglespeed!!

Unlike the dishes, the Pinlglespeed is finally DONE!!

Ain't she pretty???

It's been an almost 2-year labor of love. 2 years? Ok, mainly it took that long because I have been lazy...but there's also been some OCS in the mix driving my to have everything just perfect and matching and what not.

The chain tension has been the latest disaster. It's not quite where I want it, but I have been trying to avoid using a chain tensioner or spending more $$ for something like White Industries Eccentric hub. I've tried a few different gear ratio's, and this is the best I could get. But, FYI, for those not in the know, the KMC Half link is a sanity-saver. Oh, and I LOVE Sheldon Brown's website.

I was so excited to have it all together in bike form and ride-able that I decided to temporarily overlook the saggy chain...but if anyone out there in the blog-o-sphere or world wide inter-web has a tried and true method for my droopy-drawers chain let me know!!



And wouldn't you know that right about the time I finish the Pinglespeed I end up with two more bikes to build (more details on that later)?!? I've got a geared 29'er and commuter to get together. Seriously people, I stopped working in a shop because I hated having dirty hands all the time....and yet here I am every night in the poorly lit basement, working on bikes, and living with dirty hands. Grrr!

All for hte love of bikes.

No comments: