Monday, January 17, 2011

Too much frosting, and other unrelated things...

Where to start...

For the most part I am seriously lacking the bridal gene. I just am. I'm not going to cry over dresses or flowers or center pieces. I don't really want to deal with caterers or djs. Traditions, while some have been known to make me tear up a bit at other weddings, don't hold any special place in my heart. I may have even suggested we elope to NYC City Hall before jet-setting to Europe or some tropical island. So when I was faced with going to a bridal show, I was less than excited. That's a little too high of concentration of estrogen and bridezillas for me. Shudder. But the fact of the matter is that we still needed to find the names of bakeries and find a dj for the event, so Wyatt and I went. Yes Wyatt not only went, but he suggested we go. Like woah.

Their Lemon Poppyseed cupcake was BY FAR the best of the day!

What was the outcome? A sugar high like never before and a case of frosting induced nausea. That's right, we power tasted every bakery in the joint, and got the flock out of there. I had enough buttercream to swear off cake for life (or at least a month or so), but we did find one or two joints worth setting up an official tasting with. And I learned A LOT of what I don't like. Disco balls, bows, Christmas lights, and rotating plexi-glass displays. It's all a little too 1980's for me.

Speaking of the buttercream induced nausea, I broke down and had half a Sierra Mist at the show. I was doing soooo good. No Soda, specifically Diet Coke, for a whole. And out of desperation not to toss my cookies in public I resorted to white soda to settle my stomach. I had decided that I was ok with this and that it didn't caught against my 30 Before 30 month of no soda (which started January 9th if you were curious) but then yesterday I found myself fighting back chunks at work and succumb to Sierra Mist AGAIN. I feel like such a failure!! If my choices are purging in public of having a soda, I have to admit I will ALWAYS go the soda. There are just some things I am not willing to do. Yuck.

Does this mean I have to start over? I legitimately have not had a drop of Diet Coke in over a week now. That should count for something....

In other 30 Before 30 news, I had my January yoga workshop this past weekend. I was suppose to spend Friday evening, all day Saturday and all day Sunday at the workshop, but giving my still healing state I opted out of Saturday. I think it was the right decision because I was hella sore after Friday evening, not to mention Sunday. But I learned some super cool stuff about prana and energy, and postural compensations and corrections. I find myself wanting to incorporate these things not only into my practice, but every day. But like any new habit, it takes conscious effort to make it happen, and that is not always easy or pleasant at first.

There are so many ramble-y things I could mention. Katie vs Landlord, Landlord 0, Katie 3 #FTW!!! Or how I am diving head first into one of the more stressful weeks of the years this week, but that's probably not approved blog content. OR the laundry list of DIY home improvements I desperately want to accomplish, um, like yesterday. But at the moment I am hungry and distracted, so I'll have to save all that for another day!

1 comment:

Belle said...

I love the taste of lemon poppyseed! I think a week without Diet Coke is amazing. My daughters are hooked on it and want to get off. Good for you.