Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I read all the time about people keeping track of the good things in their lives as a way of turning things around. Focusing ont he good instead of the bad. Heck, even Oprah does it.

I tend to be kind of a crabby patty these days. The glass is almost always half empty. But I want to change that, and that start with me. I'm not sure that I have it in me, yet, to it out there daily but I can commit to Thursdays.

I've been trying to take this idea live since, oh, Christmas. And I do have many things between then and now to be thankful for, I just never got around to posting them. So I thought I would start this week by highlighting the things I have to be thankful for from 2009.

I'm thankful that in 2009 I...
~have wonderful friends. Especially my BFF's Ryan and Jamie. You kids mean the world to me.
~spent another wonderful year with my running buddy, boyfriend, and all around partner in crime, Wyatt.
~have my very own version of "man's best friend." Oh Burton, how I love thee!
~ended my rental streak and moved into our first home.
~took my first vacation in YEARS.
~learned there's more to life than racing.
~was reminded again that when things go wrong, I have it in me to breathe and reboot.

And today I am thankful...
~that Wyatt's been home this week.

No comments: