Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Training?

None to speak of.

That's right. My IM training has come to a complete halt.

Walking's sore, running HURTS, cycling isn't pleasant (flats are bearable, but torquing up hills is painful), and swimming is manageable.

I am in a constant state of frustration, crankiness, and usually near tears. This is not how this year was suppose to go. And I certainly do not have the level of fitness to do minimal training for a month and jump back on the bandwagon before IM WI. Sigh...

We had a conversation the other day that went something along the lines of "Katie, are you having fun? Are you enjoying any of this any more?" and almost instantly I responded "No." Training isn't always easy or fun, I get that. Working towards your goal isn't always easy or fun. That's the facts. But being in pain (at least for me) is never fun. Pushing through the pain has left me unmotivated and frustrated.

What's next? How will things work out? I don't know.

No comments: