Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resolutions....a bit late.

Let me start by saying its not like I magically wake up January 1st of a year and expect a clean slate and a brand new me. I wouldn't say that these are "resolutions" so much as a continuation of things I am trying to do.

Better manage my money. That's right kids, its time I grow up and learn to save. At least a little.

Cook! Anyone that knows me knows this is a HUGE things in my world. I am just not kitchen compatible and I don't really enjoy it. At all. But the fact of the matter is that I get tired of non-homemade food, or worse yet, fast food. Oh! Let's not overlook how learning to cook and eat better foods is healthier either. And then of course there is the whole better manage my money thing. So what better way to attack both than to take on the task of learning to cook. Maybe there is a domestic goddess just hiding in me waiting to get out....

Swear less. Sounds silly, I know but hanging with the boys, working with the boys, riding and racing (or trying to...), they're habits rub off. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! Heck, in a former life I worked with children. Its time to return to more Pollyanna days.

Avoid the gossip. Its so easy to get pulled into the talk. And once you're listening to the chatter, its even easier to fall victim to contribute and perpetuate the rumors. Admit it, it happens to the best of us. But really, I scowl at those who meddle in my business so I should stay out of theirs.

Be nicer. I could also call this my "if I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all" resolution, but that was way too long of a title. And its much more of an addition to the above ban on gossip. I'm sure those who know me are shocked by this statement. I am a sweetheart. Sometimes. But I have a streak of sass in me like none other, and frequently it comes out. Especially when stressed (see below).

Better manage my stress. A friend and I are looking for a yoga joint in our neck of the woods. My mid-day runs go a long way to overcome the workday stress. Take more deep breaths. All in all, just breathe and reboot!

Race harder. That's right, I've got a BIG season ahead of me. All culminating in Ironman Wisconsin (now 9 months away to the day). Its not so much about the time, or even the end result, but rather the process of getting there and finding out what exactly I have in me. I think I will be pleasantly surprised.

Get hurt less. I play hard, I get hurt. Hard. Sure, accidents happen. But if I play smarter I think can manage fewer trips to the ER this year. You know, where shoes (not sandals) when hiking the bluffs, stretch more frequently, avoid "bears," no snowboarding without wrist guards...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


All in all, I'm looking for a healthier 09. That's what all these "resolutions" add up to.


1 comment:

Wisconsin Cycling Association Blog said...

Try Bliss Flow Yoga!
http://www.blissflowyoga.com/