Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Never believe someone when they say "they're slow"

A coworker, and partner in crime, of mine happen to be in Boise together working the Ironman Boise 70.3 expo. Checking out all the ultra sculpted rockin' tri bods everywhere motivated me to lace up my running shoes and hit the trails. Just as I'm about out the door, my coworkers decides she's game for a run. While she's gearing up for this casual run she keeps reassuring me that she is very out of shape and hasn't run in months. Riiiight. I should've known better. At the very least this 5 foot nothing, 100lb nothing gal is built much more like a runner than I ever could be. But it's too late to turn back now.

We decided to drive down to the Greenbelt trail where the Ironman run had taken place just earlier that day. We start out stride for stride, nice and easy. Then it starts to get ugly. I just can't keep up with this girl. And while its great to have a challenge and someone to chase and motivate you, but come on! Talk about humiliation. On many occasions I thought about turning around and meeting her back at the car. But I pushed on.

Long story short, I survived the run. But I will never again believe someone when they say they're slow. They lie.


No comments: