Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. So about that training plan of mine. You know, the pre-training-plan training plan? Still haven't gotten around to starting that. Huh. Being out of the country for 3wks and coming back to start marathon training (for my first marathon, mind you) with virtually no base is going to kill me. Worst. Idea. Ever.
1 1/2. Since when did finding motivation to run and work out become so difficult? It used to just be what I did. Sort of like brushing my teeth before bed. It was just part of the daily routine. Lately it's a good week if I manage to run or workout once. WTF?!


2. Speaking of things I say I'm going to do but never really get around to doing...minimizing my muffin top. I have been desperately wanting to lose all the weight I've gained in the past year and a half and get back in shape. Admittedly 2009 and 2010 were ROUGH. Multiple surgeries, multiple stints on crutches, lots of self pity and what not. Wah, wah, wah. But I don't have those excuses for 2011. Last spring the motivator was to be tank top and swimsuit ready by summer...which then became a need to trim doing by the wedding...and when THAT didn't happen I shifted gears to being swimsuit ready before our honeymoon. The post-wedding, pre-honeymoon goal was 10lbs in 2mos. Plenty of time to do it the healthy, responsible way. Riiiiiight. Pretty sure that hasn't happened.
2 1/2. In my defense, I have lost and kept off 7lbs since last spring. But 7lbs in 6+ months is hardly something to write home about. I have become much more aware of what I'm eating and portion control. That's not to say I don't routinely make poor food decisions, but I would like to think that those 2 little things have helped stave off any weight gain and helped me get those 7 measly pounds off. Now if only I could get my lazy ass to exercise...

2 3/4. I have a friend who has been working on getting into shape for sometime. I can't say for certain when she revamped her lifestyle and went all hardcore because she's always been active, but DAMN has she made some progress in the last few months. She's always been pretty, and stylish with a wardrobe to die for, but she is transforming herself into like a goddess. Arms to die for, sculpted legs, and I'm just sure she is well on her way to rock- hard abs. She still eats and goes for cocktails (frequently), but she works out with dedication and it shows. She is like the definition of healthy, active, and HOT. I wish I had even an ounce of her motivation...

And yes, I have a TOTAL girl crush on her.


3. I started packing for our trip earlier this week. Trying to sort through my backpacking, tech-y travel clothes and see what still fits. I am happy to say that everything more or less fits, which is so not what I thought would happen. Some things definitely fit better than others, but there weren't any tragic outfit failures, camel toes, mom butts, or other such fashion faux pas. So that's a win.
3 1/2. I had challenged myself to lose 5lbs before we leave. I know, I know. I don't have a very good track record with the whole set a goal and work towards it thing, but if by some stroke of dumb luck I do lose a few lb's before our trip my clothes will fit a smidge better. And that would be pretty a-okay by me. I have exactly 2 weeks left from today to attain this goal...and so far I'm only .5lb down from where I started. Unless I go all fad-diet-juice- cleanse or some crazy shit, I don't think this is going to happen. #FAIL

No comments: