Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm back...

Yeah, so, um, hi. It's been a while now hasn't it....
(shuffle, shuffle....nervously pokes head around corner....)

Last time I was here I was jumping ship. I wasn't sure this was home to me anymore. But I think I may have done that prematurely. Turns out, I still have a lot to say. And do. And try. So my only New Year's resolution is to take the time to blog more. To take the time to empty the random thoughts rattling around my brain.

2010 was a rough year. Ankle surgery in June....followed by MONTHS of PT and recovery. And wouldn't you know that right about the time I am ok'd to start training and running again (hooray!) I had to go in for surgery on my freakshow rare stomach condition. And let me tell you, that surgery just a few weeks ago was way worse than anything else I have been through. This recovery has been rough, and I imagine it will continue to be rough for a few more weeks. Ow. Blech. Boo.
But on the flipside, I have two doggies that I LOVE, I have been lucky enough to have met some truly wonderful people, like @legaleagle, and I've been able to spend quality time with my besties, @rswebs and @sequinsandspice.

And I became engaged to my BFF and love of my life, @wyattjirsa!!! Squee!

Don't let this optimistic little ditty lead you to believe I have turned over a new Sally Sunshine kind of leaf. I haven't. I'm still me. Snarky, sassy, realist, even bitchy at times. I spent the past few sleepless recovering weeks writing and rewriting some sassy posts in my mind. Maybe it's for the best they have yet to make it here to the blogosphere, but they might. Eventually. Who knows where this blog will go in 2011, but I'll be here. Snarkin' to pass the time.

4 comments:

Belle said...

You have had enormous lows and terrific highs this year. I hope you will be well physically all of 2011. Happy New Year!

IronMin said...

Welcome Back! Good to hear from you again!

Anonymous said...

Aww. I'm so lucky to have met you, too! Yay 2010!!!

IronBri said...

OMG!!! Yay for you! Congrats to you and Wyatt!