Friday, July 23, 2010

From Fat to Fit

Week 1 is in the books.

I was asked, why Friday? Well it's for selfish reasons. Mondays are bad enough as they are without a scale. And there has never been a Monday morning in my world that has been kind to the scale. Even when racing and having long training weekends, Monday's numbers have never been great. I blame the weekend. And now, with weekends being spent lounging and living the luxurious life of the tubby, Mondays are not going to be any better. So there you have it, weigh in before the weekend and the problem is solved.


Well the numbers are holding steady this week. No changes, which to be honest, is amazing. I feel a bloated hot mess, but the numbers aren't worse for the wear so I'll take it!

Last Friday I went for my first bike ride since pre-op. Possibly since last fall to tell you the truth. I made it 2 miles to the restaurant and 2 miles home. And it hurt! We're talking a slow going flat bike path ride, and it hurt. Every time I pressed down on the pedal it twinged and seared. Not what I was hoping for. So after that spin I decided to put pedaling on the back burner for the week. I do plan to attempt it again this weekend tho.
Saturday morning marked the first time in months that I have been able to walk the entire farmer's market! Sure, I made it all the way around at Art Fair on the Square (no to mention Art Fair Off the Square and the mini-market), but I had to stop and rest. Not because I am that out of shape. It hurt. And it was like hades hot that weekend. But this weekend I made it all the way around in one fell swoop.

Sunday we took the doggies to Devil's Lake to go swimming. There was a little bit of haul from the parking lot the the dog beach, but I made it. In flip flops none the less (shhhh, don't tell the doctor). We spent some time in the water with the dogs. Neither dog is wild about the water, even in their puppy PFDs, but they stuck it out. It was hilarious.

Monday I tried some pilates, but anything that required pushing off of my foot or balancing on it was a no-go. I guess it turned more into stretching than anything else.

Tuesday was a bust. I was tired and sore.

Wednesday I ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off. So many errands, so little time. Do you think errands count as exercise?

Thursday was a bust as we took wifezilla and her hubby out to dinner.

I realize that I am going to need to step it up if I want to get back to where I was. And, good gracious, do I want to be fit and fabulous again. I also don't want to end up injured and on the bench again. It's become a balancing act of knowing how hard to push and when to rest. I can't wait to have something to log on Daily Mile.

So all in all, week 1 isn't anything to write home about but at least it's a start.

No comments: